Membership Development Fund
The MEHA Membership Development Fund is a $1,200 discretionary fund created to assist MEHA members in furthering their professional development. A MEHA member may request funds up to $200 to attend an event or purchase an item such as a text or guidebook. To be considered, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Funds are requested after a member has been denied funds by his/her employer.
- Funds are used to reimburse the member the cost of attending an event or the purchase of items that will aid in the professional development of the member (i.e. conference registration fees, books for a class, etc.)
- Funds requested not to exceed $200.
- Members may receive one award per fiscal year.
- If attending an event, the application must be received at least 14 days prior to the event. If the application is approved by the membership committee, an award notice will be issued to the member.
- To receive reimbursement, the applicant must submit what was learned at the event or what item was purchased and how it will help further the member's professional development (See Step 2. Request Reimbursement Form below). The member must also provide a receipt with the cost of the event or item within 14 days. Fund monies disbursement requires MEHA Executive Board approval.
Step 1. Application for Funds
Step 2. Request Reimbursement Form