MEHA Sponsored Training Grant
The MEHA Executive Board has approved monies to be made available for MEHA members to request a scholarship to cover registration and lodging only for training conferences. Applications shall be submitted to the Grant and Training Funds Committee Chair for approval.
Eligibility and Determination
Applicants will be placed into the following categories:
- MEHA Active Members, Emeritus Members and Student Members in good standing are eligible. Associate, Honorary and Sustaining members are not eligible.
- Members may apply for other grants/scholarships, however, it is expected that the funds disbursed shall not cover an item reimbursed through another grant such as a Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) and/or Great Lakes Conference on Food Protection (GLCFP) scholarship.
- All completed applications for scholarships will be reviewed.
The applicants in Category One will be randomly selected by MEHA selection committee (Assistant Treasurer and 2 other board members) before moving to randomly selecting from Category Two, then to Category Three, stopping when the money available is dispersed. No applicants in Category Four will be selected.
- Members that are not eligible for MDARD, GLCFP, or other available scholarships
- Members that are eligible for MDARD, GLCFP or other available scholarships
- Emeritus Member and Student members
- Members that had incomplete applications, or do not meet the eligibility requirements
Applicants will request scholarship funding a minimum of 30 days prior to the start of the conference. The applicant will pay for the training up front and request reimbursement within 14 days after the conclusion of the conference. The applicant will request the funds using a scholarship application request form.
All MEHA members are eligible for scholarships. Please visit the AEC and Events page for more information on upcoming Conferences.