The Kent County Health Department is seeking candidates for Sanitarian Specialist to join the Food Services team of the Environmental Health Division. This is a specialized technical position at a professional level. Visit Kent County Job Opportunities for more information or to apply.
- MDARD standardized trainer of new staff and continuous review of existing staff.
- Quality improvement, quality assurance and the promotion of food safety education and outreach.
- Review of facility plans for compliance with local and state regulations, consultations with business owner/operators, program coordination and other duties as assigned.
- Will work in our food safety and body art programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health or related field of science, and three (3) years of related experience working in environmental health.
- MDARD Standardized Trainer
- REHS/RS or eligible and willing to obtain registration
- Working knowledge of principles and best practices of Environmental Health Sanitation along with county and state Environmental Public Health laws, rules and regulations is essential.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Michigan driver's license and have access to transportation in the performance of job duties.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of word processing software is required.