Health Department of Northwest Michigan – Full time Director of Environmental Services - based in Charlevoix
Working together with all divisions, the administrative team, community, regional, and state partners, the Director of Environmental Services serves a complex, multi-county district health department that includes Antrim, Charlevoix, Emmet and Otsego counties, and
- Manages all Environmental Health Programs for the department, including; Food Safety, Land Use, Private and Public Water Supplies, State Licensed Facilities and Regional Laboratory services. Includes primary oversight of program planning, development, monitoring and evaluation, budget preparation and management, advocacy and policy development, and human resource management.
- Provides leadership and vision, utilizes the strategic plan to guide objectives, directs the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Agency's programs and services to ensure they contribute to the Agency's mission to promote wellness, prevent disease, provide quality health care, address health problems of vulnerable populations, and protect the environment.
- Demonstrates core public health values, including equity, social justice, affordability and accessibility, core Agency values, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills, initiative, collaboration, strong advocacy skills, and positive leadership.
Requirements: Excellent communication skills, a minimum of six years of progressively more responsible experience involving environmental health, and four years in a lead or supervisory capacity are required.
Preferred knowledge and experience: Experience in supervision and personnel management, program administration in public health or community programs, policy development and analysis, budget preparation and management, function and role of government and political systems.
Education: Possession of a Master's degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Science, or a related degree.
We offer a competitive wage, generous time off, and an excellent benefit package. If you're an environmental professional with the skill set listed above, who seeks a challenging position within a progressive health department, we want to talk with you.
Application instructions: Interested and qualified applicants should –
- Visit our website, www.nwhealth.org, for more information on Health Department of Northwest Michigan.
- Click on the Careers tab to download a HDNW job application (this is not an online application – it will need to be downloaded and saved on your computer in order to complete it and submit it.)
- Submit a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All three items must be submitted. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled.
Health Department of Northwest Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.